Oxted BID is recruiting for more great people who are motivated and innovative with a keen interest in shaping Oxted’s future to join our Board as directors. To be eligible to stand as a director, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a member of the Oxted BID in your own right, or
- Have a beneficial interest in an organisation which is a member, or
- Be an employee of an organisation which is a member and be nominated by that organisation for the position of director.
How do I apply?
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate they:
- Understand the issues facing businesses in Oxted;
- Are able to be a positive influence at Board meetings, communicating well with fellow directors and acting as an ambassador for the company and the BID Area.
- Are willing to make decisions based on the evidence presented to them to benefit all the levy payers.
- Are able to listen to opposing views of fellow directors, BID levy payers and the public, and able to discuss matters constructively.
- Are able to to contribute to the discharge of the responsibilities of the board set out above.
- Are able to make decisions outside meetings as required from time to time and to have the ability to read and understand sometimes complex subject matter, make decisions and comment appropriately.
The Love Oxted BID is run as an independent company known as Oxted BID Ltd. All businesses in the BID area can be members of the BID company. The company is controlled through a board of volunteer directors representing businesses and stakeholders in the town.
The Board meets at least six times a year and our directors are responsible for:
- Delivering the BID’s 5 year Business Plan.
- Ensuring that the BID levies are collected.
- Managing the work of the BID Manager.
- Supporting the delivery of projects and events.
- Monitoring progress and reporting regularly to BID businesses.
- Ensuring the BID company meets its financial, legal and employment responsibilities.
- Ensuring that the activities of the BID are not prejudiced or biased towards the interests of one section of the BID membership over another.
If you think this is you, please email or post us your CV and a covering letter explaining how you feel you meet the criteria to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 28th June 2019.