Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is supporting businesses to help navigate the UK’s exit from the European Union. Given the uncertainty being experienced by businesses across the region the Coast to Capital Growth Hub is helping businesses by offering a range of resources including:
- signposting to Government and LEP guidance
- running events including business clinics
- providing 1-2-1s as well as developing plans for a helpline.
Government decisions and actions will make a significant difference to the impact that Brexit has on businesses and the Coast to Capital Board has identified a number of areas of concern for local businesses which were set out in an open letter to the Rt Hon Greg Clarke MP as Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. You can download the letter here.
These include the EU workforce on which our area relies, widespread uncertainty about the UK’s future relationship with international partners and a number of wider economic trends in the region, where the uncertainties of Brexit risk exacerbating separate issues.
Tim Wates, Coast to Capital Chairman said: “Coast to Capital remains vigilant and fully focused on supporting businesses to navigate Brexit. As a strategic and constructive partner we are keen to work closely with Government to address the concerns raised by businesses in the area. This is alongside our work to agree a Local Industrial Strategy for our area, which is a key priority for us as we seek to support and catalyse our economy.”
Coast to Capital will be collating feedback from businesses to provide to Central Government. If you have any thoughts you would like to share please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Government’s Preparing your Business for EU Exit advice here.
- British Chambers of Commerce Brexit recources. Visit the site here.
- Surrey Chambers of Commerce Business Brexit checklist.Download it here.
- British Chambers of Commerce Brexit FAQs. Download them here.
- Gov.uk Brexit toolkit. Find out more here.
- HMRC letters to VAT-registered businesses only trading with the EU explaining how to prepare for changes to customs, excise and VAT if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. Read it here.
- Local Government Association Brexit hub. Visit the site.
- Information Commissioner’s Office advice on data protection and Brexit: Read it here.